×
Events
  • "GREAT SILENT" OF "LUTCH" ELECTROTHEATRE

The exhibition includes the items from the collection of "Magnezit" museum first shown to the public: programmes of theatrical performances of Satka amateur music and drama club in 1916-1917, as well as posters, programmes and tickets of silent films showed in Satka "Lutch" electrotheatre before 1917 revolution. 

On 28 December 1895, the first public "Lumière cinema show" was held in Grand Café in Paris at Boulevard des Capucines, and as soon as in the first half of 1896 the invention of Louis Lumière appeared in Russia. Many Russian photographs quickly learnt the new craft. As early as 1989, documentaries were filmed not only by foreign, but also Russian cameramen. In 1908, producer and entrepreneur Aleksandr Drankov made the first Russian film with actors – Stenka Rasin's Wild Revels.

The items presented at the exhibition are dated by 1914-1916. It was the time of World War I. The Russian cinematography of that time is characterized by instant response to the events discussed by everyone and a simple, clear plot of the films. Their names deserve special notice: "Bloody Idiot of Modern War", "Atrocities of German Barbarians in Czestochowa", "Death of American Billionaire on Lusitania Blown by German Submarine off the Ireland Coast". Despite simple plot of some films the cinema was popular among the spectators.

The merits of the Russian film-makers include, with some minor exceptions, their patriotic desire to use cinema for the educational purpose. They screened, sometimes in a primitive way, the works of the Great Russian writers, filmed scenes from plays. The exhibition presents the poster to film "After Death" (based on the work by Turgenev). The producer of the film based on Ivan Turgenev’s story Klara Militch was famous Aleksandr Khanzhonkov, the director – Yevgeni Bauer.

The artifacts were carefully collected and kept by record keeper of Magnezit plant Mikhail Grigoryevitch Ryzhikh. In 2019, they were renovated by Larisa Vladimirovna Bastrygina, a fine art restorer of the applied art scientific renovation department of the State Scientific-Research Institute of Renovation (Moscow).